Thursday, March 31, 2011

The moments that make you realize…

Davis had a check-up at the dentist this morning. He has been two times prior for checkups, but today was the first day in the ‘big boy’ chair with the ‘big boy’ instruments. I wasn’t sure how he would respond to this, but I wanted to give it a shot anyway. He was beautiful. He would do his ‘I’m not trying to grin’ face when the girl would try and make him laugh; opened his mouth just as wide as could be. She did the whole works and he never even flinched. This was definitely one of those times that I sat back and realized….

My baby isn’t a baby anymore. He is growing up, doing big boy things and acting as a well-behaved boy should. I was so proud. I watched as the hygienist wrote notes in his file on the computer and saw “Davis did EXCELLENT in the ‘big boy’ chair.” If I was a peacock my feathers would have spread across the room. That’s my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment